Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kodak 8.2MP Digital Camera, EasyShare M863

On January 2nd (yes, of this year!), I won a much needed $500 e-gift card to Sears thanks to IZEA! Some of that $500 went towards a new digital camera. My family and I definitely needed to upgrade from our other bulky Kodak camera- although we still have it.

Now that I've had it for a few weeks, I have found out that there are some things I love about it, and, and there are some things that could definitely use some improvement. Although, there are more things that I cannot talk about enough than the bad things. That's the type of product you want all of the time. I'd also like to say that I do love Kodak cameras. They last for a very long time in my opinion. They can get kind of pricey, but that's life nowadays.

The first thing that I definitely like about is how thin it is. It's about one inch wide- which makes it easier to carry around with you. There's no bulkiness that takes up a lot of room in your purse/pocket. Also, it is lightweight so you won't feel that it is weighing you or anything you carry around it in down. Way to go, Kodak!

The LCD screen is big enough ( 2-7/10 in.)to view a picture without having to squint to see details! There's no need the magnifying glass for your pictures! That is one thing I was definitely looking for when I was buying a camera. If I can't see who's flipping the bird in the picture, then that would be kind of useless.

This next item I love? One word: Panoramic! You can take 3 separate pictures of a mountain view and it pieces them together. You can only use it in bright light, though. The picture here is of our local park. See how clean the picture is- no seams!
This camera doesn't run on batteries. You don't need to worry, though! It runs on a Lithium-ion battery. However, there's no need to buy another one. It comes with an AC adapter, so just plug it into the wall to charge it. It saves you money! I definitely know how much money you can put into batteries just to make sure your camera is picture-ready!

Now, the only thing I really don't like is one of the settings on the dial on top- High ISO. That setting is for taking pictures with low lighting. For me, when I took a picture, there was a lot of noise in the picture. The picture wasn't worth keeping on the camera. So make sure there is more like than just a candle for the picture.

By the way, this camera has settings for almost any surroundings. Going to the beach? They have that! Is it snowing? Grab the camera! Are you at a football game and you don't want a blurry picture with what LOOKS like a football? TOUCHDOWN! The manual that comes with the camera explains it all!

All in all, this camera gets a 91/2 out of 10 bubbles!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com